- celebrated STEAM week and experimented ALL WEEK with science, technology, engineering, art, and math 🙂
- constructed and observed toys that spin.
- explored and described some of the variables that influence the spinning of objects.
- observed and compared rolling systems with different-size wheels.
- explored and described the motion of rolling spheres and made homemade roller coasters inside the classroom.
- learned about how animals enhance their senses to adapt to their environment and designed and constructed our own “animal power” invention!
- made musical instruments with everyday items such as; cups, elastics, spoons, H2O, paperclips etc.
- learned about Antarctica and the different kinds of Penguins that live there. We also began researching our penguin of choice.
- designed and painted an “international” chair made of cardboard.
We have had a great STEAM week and will continue to implement STEAM activities every day in the second grade!