At JCDSRI and ALL other independent schools, tuition alone does not cover the full cost of educating our students. What makes up the difference? Mainly, income generated from gifts to the Annual Fund and grants. Each year, parents, grandparents, alumni, and friends of the school are asked to contribute to the Annual Fund. These gifts provide a dependable and necessary source of financial operating support for the school. The Annual Fund supports the school’s greatest needs and priorities and helps maintain our standards of excellence.
Gifts to the Annual Fund help JCDSRI to maintain a supportive academic community that offers:
- a rigorous, balanced curriculum in both general and Judaic studies
- small class sizes and individualized attention for every student
- a creative music and art program
- varied classroom supplies available to all students
- an always-expanding library
- outreach and volunteer activities that enrich the lives of our students and the larger community
Giving to JCDSRI is an act of faith – faith in our school, faith in our religious tradition of tzedakah, and faith in our students. This tradition of philanthropy supports our mission and helps make a Jewish Day School education possible for all of our families. The Annual Fund sustains many of the qualities that parents value most about our school: a warm, nurturing environment for our children; a strong foundation in Jewish history that fosters a sense of cultural identity; and individual attention from a dedicated and well-educated faculty who truly enjoy teaching.